Sowftware Backend Developer
Posted 1 year ago
Sowftware Backend Developer
Initial Remote Opportunity
The emergence of big data is creating opportunities to develop data platforms that turn big data into big insights with tremendous value. This role is critical in enabling these capabilities with the tools to make their decision-making process more efficient and with greater speed. This role will develop long-term technology and data strategies and shorter-term development and delivery plans. The candidate must be results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at working in an agile development environment.
- Develop, test and implement new software programs
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Development of technical specifications and plans
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
Required Demonstrable Skills:
- Deep expertise is working with data – all kinds, clean, dirty, unstructured, semi-structured
- Firm understanding of major programming/scripting languages like Java, Python
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge on NoSQL platforms
- Experience in designing and developing the User Interface using Django, Java scripting, Angular JS
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field.
- 3-5 years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in a related field.
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages.
- Experience using relevant tool suites.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle.
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Strong team building skills.
|Job Category||Backend Developer|